Senior Software Development Engineer at andros
ABOUT THE JOB:
You will be responsible for contributing to the development of products & engineering solutions, mainly focused with Ruby on Rails. A Sr SDE is also responsible for the technical direction of engineering efforts as well as design choices for software structure, frameworks, protocols, & algorithms.
The outcomes we're looking for:
- Contribute to the design, specifications & estimating of engineering projects
- Execute code (outside of code review) independently
- Develop stable software that satisfies complex product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- Maintain high levels of code test coverage while delivering clean concise & understandable code
- Provide constructive feedback on architectural designs & peer code reviews
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, & Client Success
- Curiosity & drive: Demonstrate curiosity & a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or havent yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person & in writing
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
- Comfortable developing for/in a unix environment (regardless of distribution)
- Experience in software & systems architecture
- Outstanding coding skills, knowledge of patterns & best practices in software engineering
- A commitment to test driven development.
- Open communicator with superb written & oral communication skills. Your code should not be the only thing that speaks for your work.
- Self-directed, seek responsibility, & strive for excellence
To understand andros is to understand our namesake. Named for one of the largest barrier reefs on Earth, andros is a study in the vibrancy of interconnected ecosystems. On its own, a data point is meaningless a single piece of coral adrift in an ocean. Yet when combined with millions of other points, connections form a structure suited for sustaining a spectrum of lifeforms. Our mission is to forge these bonds of disparate provider data points to build a foundation of information necessary to create dynamic, thriving healthcare networks.
The andros approach to creating healthcare networks focuses on depth of data. We use millions of data points to form a complete vision of the provider landscape, which enables us to find utility & meaning in this diverse information. This deep repository of data can then be used as a basis for credentialing, analyzing performance, & comparing individual providers to create the most vibrant health ecosystem possible.