ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Were looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators & those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems & be eager to learn from & educate others.
As a senior engineer your primary responsibility will be development of an innovative & growing Roku OTT platform. The platform distributes real-time & on-demand video as well as highly integrated personalized content. As senior engineer you will need a core understanding of streaming technologies, system design, Roku device development & App store distribution.
You are a significant & autonomous contributor. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies & best practices. You work with your team to invent, design & build software that is stable & performant. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches & know when it is appropriate to use them & when it is not. Your solutions are pragmatic. You consider the legacy of the code you produce & write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand. You limit the use of short-term workarounds. You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimize incidental complexity). You create flexible software without over-engineering. You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, & are judicious about introducing dependencies. You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc).
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You work in project ideas with customers, stakeholders, & peers.
- You own parts of product & technology & become subject matter experts.
- You write simple & extendable code following standards & best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You help balance customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, & ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- You classify, store, & handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks & mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems & proposing solutions.
- You take on projects & make software enhancements that improve the team software & processes.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better & easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, & how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You foster a constructive dialogue & seek resolutions in a professional way.
- You help recruit & interview for your team.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately & deliver them in time.
- You mentor & help to develop others.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards & open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied & always challenging the norm.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Building Roku Apps (Brightscript, Scenegraph).
- Release process of native apps on AppStore & web apps on production systems.
- Integrations with third party systems & APIs
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures & algorithms.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, & drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products & services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply & successfully, to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing functional tests.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
- Building Roku or other Connected-TV device applications.
- Building tvOS & Android TV native applications.
- Integrating frontend Apps with Analytics systems (e.g. Amplitude).
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure & technologies, AWS or GCP.
- Fundamental understanding in streaming technologies & protocols.
- The importance of platform stability with a user facing product.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.