Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Based in London, you'll be part of our Corporate IT team, you will be involved in the first & second line support of all end user computing technologies & tools for a team of ~800, whilst playing your part in supporting other office service desk team members & delivering Corporate IT projects.
The core focus of the role will be around the cloud based enterprise technologies, virtualized server, networking & security components in London, but also supporting other APAC satellite offices, as well as supporting global Corporate IT initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering expert to play a pivotal role in scaling a global "cloud first" FinTech organisation in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Provide critical desktop support to ensure all technology (Windows & Mac) is being supported & kept available across Desktop, Printing, Email, Server, Wi-Fi, remote office networks & desktops services
- Assist in procuring & rolling out hardware for all London & other office locations
- Create & review the desktop & phone build process
- Ensuring all file servers are backed up weekly
- Maintain all corporate Active Directory accounts including exposure to Azure or
AWS back office technologies
- Provide Office 365 & GSuite admin support
- Provide remote desktop support
- Assist with networking & patching configurations
- Be involved with new projects within the Corporate IT infrastructure & security team
Summary of required experience & attributes
- 3 years of relevant service desk/desktop engineering experience
- Experience with Windows & Mac technologies (Linux will be additional advantage)
- Experience with JIRA or any service desk software such as Zendesk, Remedy, Service Now, etc.
- Advanced Windows Server knowledge
- Strong networking skills (TCP/IP / DNS)
- Solid Active Directory Experience (GPO configurations)
- Proficiency in scripting & automation technologies e.g SCCM/ Ansible/ Powershell
- Experience with O365 & Google Suite cloud platforms
- Experience with Network Print Servers aka Follow Me printing solution
- Advanced Windows server/Linux/Ubuntu
- Understanding of AV & IM technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Intune
- Strong eye for security technologies & its importance within a global corporate IT setting
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Strong customer service experience & friendly attitude
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track & implement projects
- Cultural fit We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical & collaborative culture, always eager to help & support internal users with solving problems
- Looking for someone with the aptitude & ability to learn & grow with the company & tech stack, loves challenges & a dynamic environment
- Team player, collaborative & cooperative mindset
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.