We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site, inspires & empowers people to explore the world with confidence & share their trip experiences with others. The Data team, which includes Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Infrastructure, Data Platform, & Paid Marketing, creates the data ecosystem that allows the company to measure & evaluate overall business performance, apply machine learning models, & run & monitor paid marketing campaigns. We need a Principal Technical Product Manager to define & own our User Behavior Tracking data & guide us toward our long-term, strategic business & technical objectives in this highly visible, high impact role.
User Behavior Tracking is a large-scale technical product that encompasses five distinct Data teams with stakeholders in all facets of the company: Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, & Legal. You will have the authority & autonomy to define & own the overall User Behavior Tracking product partnering with Technical Program Management (note: program, not product), Engineering, Analytics, Machine Learning, & business stakeholders.
This role is a leadership position within our Technical Product Management practice, & you will help define & shape the overall function. We have an ambitious & exciting roadmap for 2022 & beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business & continually innovate with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Define & own the User Behavior Tracking product, including architecting our tracking methodology end to end.
- Establish the long-term product roadmap to guide us toward our strategic business & technical objectives.
- Forge strong partnerships with internal teams, including Engineering (front end, back end, & data), Analytics, Machine Learning, & Product.
- Uncover & understand business stakeholder needs & translate them into product requirements. Determine which technical solutions should be implemented.
- Develop specs for engineering teams to implement. Collaborate with various engineering teams to ensure stakeholder requirements are fully understood & the product/feature is built per the specifications.
- Define success criteria for testing & product development acceptance.
- Set prioritization, including managing the backlog.
- Serve as a product evangelist & subject matter expert across the company providing technical guidance & knowledge transfer as needed.
- Facilitate the creation & maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Research, understand, & follow technical trends in the industry. Assess emerging products & policies to measure their potential value or threat to the company & its products, & make recommendations for which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- 15+ years product management experience, of which 5+ years include technical product management for large-scale, complex data products (petabyte scale).
- Deep understanding of data structures & relational databases, APIs, & ETLs.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strategic thinking, & stakeholder management.
- Strong ability to rapidly identify, communicate, & resolve technical issues with multiple engineering teams & business stakeholders.
- Tenacious with a strong sense of ownership, working quickly & effectively under pressure & time constraints with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication, & comfort communicating at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent technical writing & documentation.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.