Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants & data analysts work with Visa's clients & staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability & cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa's world-class products, digital offerings & marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients' programs operate at their peak potential & that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical & digital world.
As part of the Global Merchant Optimization group in the Client Services (CS) organization, the Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients focusing on high growth segments including Visa Direct & Tokenization. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense & a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers & merchants.
- Support, maintain & develop standard & customized operational reports across various measures
- Provide data support for Visa clients, team members & other internal resources
- Research & implement better methods to streamline data collection & reporting efforts
- Work effectively with internal/external resources to define analytical objectives, data requirements, obtain data & perform in-depth analyses to achieve a defined business objective
- Assist with examining client performance against industry best practices with an eye to identifying opportunity for performance improvements and/or increased profitability
- Examine data sources & ensure that reporting & presentations are accurate & logical
- Present data to management & team members in a straight forward, understandable manner
- Troubleshoot transaction failures & conduct root cause analysis
0-2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal skills are required.
Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
Tableau or data visualization skills are highly desirable.
- Proficiency manipulating & aggregating data
- Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Pig) or SQL skills are desirable.
- Experience with SAS, R or Python is a plus
Work hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.