Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing (Next generation DNA sequencing) on patient specimens, performing quality control & quality assurance procedures, interpreting & reporting patient results, & complying with all applicable local, state & federal laboratory requirements. The work requires keeping meticulous & organized records, excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, & be flexible with tasks & schedules.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures & analyses per the laboratory's standard operating procedures
- Review, interpret & report patient results in LIMS
- Independently identify & troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance
- Perform, review & document laboratory quality control procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Perform & document routine preventive maintenance
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations & prepare reagents required for testing
- Perform & document reagent qualification per the approved protocols
- Perform annual review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations & validation
- Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned & assist others as time allows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Working knowledge of local, state, & federal laboratory regulations
- Able to integrate & apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize & drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Hours & days may vary depending on operational needs
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens & instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, & high speed centrifugation (Generally Laboratory & Client Services employees only)
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-PD1#cancer #preventativemedicine #earlydetection #precisionmedicine #oncology #guardanthealth