On April 1, 2020, Rubicon Project & Telaria merged to create one company. The combined company will rebrand as one in the coming months. In the interim, each company will operate under its existing brand name. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will remain NYSE: RUBI.
This position will be responsible for supporting the - Global Sales Organization by generating actionable insights through analysis of financial, operational, & industry trends, & summarizing key items in reporting/dashboards for leadership.
What youll be doing:
Operational & Financial Planning
- Revenue planning & analysis
- Monitor revenue & metrics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis & escalate potential concerns
- Create & maintain dashboards & visualizations of financial & operational data
- Perform business case modeling including assessing the impact to revenue/growth rates & profitability
- Provide recommendations to Sales to help achieving revenue objectives
- Financial forecasting including full P/L and/or contribution margin
- Measure business performance across multiple regions, product offerings, & categories
- Managing Ad hoc analysis requests from Sales
Financial Analysis/Management Reporting
- Financial analysis & reporting of key revenue streams, including variance analysis of actuals versus budget/forecast/prior year
- Benchmark the Rubicon Project revenue performance against industry expectations & competition
- Maintain & enhance management reporting systems in order to manage, target, & track the performance of the Revenue/Product teams, including partnering with Accounting, Financial Systems, & Business Intelligence teams to define reporting requirements
- Development of tactical & strategic insights based on results of data analyses
- Ad hoc analysis & modeling on corporate initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in FP&A within a technology company, management consulting, investment banking, and/or operational finance roles
- Exceptional analytical skills & conceptual thinking ability
- Demonstrated success in managing large modeling efforts involving complex business problems, large data sets, & statistical analysis
- Experience with management reporting & creating executive summaries
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability & desire to work in a fast-paced, fun, demanding environment
- Digital advertising/adtech experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or quantitative related field with relevant financial work experience
- Strong proficiency in Excel with demonstrated ability of use of advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookup functions, & advanced charting techniques
- Proficient in Google Docs, along with PowerPoint, & Word
- Microsoft BI experience a plus
- MicroStrategy or Tableau experience a plus
- Experience building & using financial models
- Familiarity/capacity to learn database/query tools/techniques
- Experience with centralized planning/reporting tools a plus
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization & provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Hungry?: Each Rubicon Project office offers free daily lunches daily & a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy & encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last two weeks of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
- 401k Match: We offer an unique 401K match program with a variety of tax break benefits
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer BasicLife & Disability Coverageprovided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!