Senior Director, Quality Engineering
Responsible for strategic planning & day-to-day oversight of Software Quality Engineering, QA Automation & Performance Testing. The Sr. Director of Quality Assurance will direct all activities to ensure the highest quality & reliability of products & services for our internal & external clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the global QA team across multiple locations.
- Design & execute a comprehensive test strategy by establishing, implementing, monitoring & enforcing Quality Assurance procedures, policies & standards; ensure they support accurate, efficient & repeatable software & application deployments.
- Collaborate with development & product groups in support of software releases & manage deployment of quality assurance tools, such as test plans, scripts, bug tracking, etc. Assure applications & services supporting aMs business initiatives function properly & adhere to the requirements.
- Define our guiding principles for quality metrics & establish goals to measure them. Work cross-functionally to define a culture of monitoring these goals & how we evolve them.
- Build & coach a diverse team of quality engineers responsible for the execution of automated & manual testing & designing the internal tools & infrastructure to efficiently execute testing.
- Work with development & DevOps teams to understand test automation gaps & implement coverage.
- Work across the Technology team to make testing an integral part of the data implementation & software development processes. Manage the QA budget to deliver work within established parameters.
- Respond to project requirements & support the creation & fulfillment of detailed project plans. Review technical & business requirements & documentation.
- Regularly evaluate procedures for continuous improvement.
- Report to management regularly on the state of our software quality.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering majors.
- Minimum 10 years Software Quality Assurance experience including, 5 years managing a QA team.
- Broad QA background stretching multiple testing technologies & a wide viewpoint of QA technical knowledge; and/or training.
- Experience evaluating current processes & developing sound recommendations for improvement.
- Experience in testing web, client/server, SOA/API, mobile & analytics applications.
- Deep understanding of performance testing principles, tools, metrics & reporting.
- Driver for QA automation.
- Previous SDLC work experience, ideally in Agile methodologies.
- Experience with TDD/ATDD.
- Working experience with QA tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Mocha, etc.
- Experience with visual regression testing tools.
- Proven ability to build relationships & foster cooperation with various developments & test teams.
- Proven success interacting with customers, peers, senior management & other functional areas.
- Excellent written, verbal communication & analytical skills.
- Extensive experience building & leading teams, coaching employees, & developing people.
- Experience leading diverse quality teams & building technology & tools in a rapidly growing company.
- You foster inclusive teams in which people are empowered & motivated to do their best work.