Who Are We?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is powered by hundreds of subject matter expert instructors around the world. The Head of Faculty is responsible for delivering instructional excellence to adult learners across all of General Assemblys programs & leading a faculty journey that develops best-in-class practitioners. The Head of Faculty will report to the Chief Product Officer & will work in close partnerships with General Assemblys leaders to ensure that GA is viewed as an employer of choice by instructors, professors, & industry experts worldwide.
- Drive faculty engagement, satisfaction, retention, throughout the employee life-cycle, including recruiting top talent, formulating a smooth on & off-boarding process, establishing career pathways & opportunities for promotions, professional development, & leadership.
- Identify & assess current staff satisfaction on a number of variables, such as compensation, quality of life, career development, & community building. Establish clear & measurable milestones for success.
- Reimagine the faculty journey with a vision towards taking an individual instructor's already positive experience & turning it into a platform that is the envy of every teacher, professor, & industry expert.
- Cultivate a global faculty culture focused on diversity & inclusiveness through community building, cross-continent communications, training/mentorship, sharing best practices, & celebrating stand-out employees.
- Develop a framework & metrics for driving instructional excellence.
- Introduce/highlight exemplar teaching & learning best practices as models for faculty inspiration.
- Refine measurement tools, such as surveys & observations to gather meaningful & actionable performance data.
- Design & implement performance management, professional development, & ongoing faculty training that can be personalized according to individual faculty performance.
- Establish a global mentorship program that provides leadership & support opportunities for faculty growth.
- Represent the global faculty as a key stakeholder in the assessment, planning, & migration to new SIS, LMS, & other key platforms.
- Design & roll out a faculty tool adoption initiative to ensure a seamless transition from boutique data management systems & employee platforms to new enterprise-level systems.
- Work with regional teams to provide initial & on-going training & support around new tools, including a dedicated internal help desk.
- Identify & drive ongoing global initiatives & programs to increase instructor productivity.
- Assess the global faculty management structures function & design to ensure readiness for increased scale/growth.
- Align management structure to reduce manual & repetitive processes & optimize resources for high-value program work.
- Ensure local teams/offices are designed to meet the areas unique program needs while implementing consistent & scalable protocols across the globe.
- Direct the planning process to develop annual & long-range goals & objectives around faculty operations at scale.
- Serve as a trusted & approachable resource for faculty challenges & aspirations.
- Partner with HR to ensure faculty are competitively compensated & classified correctly.
- Experience in creating & delivering world-class adult learning for both in-person & remote audiences.
- Experience leading a large (500+ staff) & globally distributed team
- An inspiring leader who can define & execute against a strategy & vision that is built upon data
- Skilled at effectively communicating information clearly & understandably to a variety of audiences across the globe
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, judgment, & political acumen in problem-solving in a complex environment
- Operationally minded & business savvy with experience managing a budget & making data-driven decisions.
- Attracts top talent
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives engagement
- Drives vision & purpose
- Global perspective