WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
Baublebar is seeking an entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for the product creation process. The Product Development Associate is responsible for supporting the product life cycle by assisting the product development in all aspects of the development process. He or she will be responsible for working with the cross functional team to meet deadlines of the product from the development through production stages.
The ideal candidate is highly detailed, possesses an optimistic attitude, flexibility in managing multiple competing priorities, & has the ability to work with a strong sense of accuracy & urgency.
Applicants should possess 4-5 years industry experience in Product Development. Familiarity with handbag & accessories design, construction, tech packs, BOMs, & cost sheet creation is required.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Assist with the product development for in-house handbag & accessories product
- Act as the liaison between the design team & the vendors, facilitating the creation of sample prototypes.
- Communicates design, material & details to vendors & ensure samples are ready for market meetings.
- Work with the design & merchandising teams to understand the seasonal goals & vision for the assortment.
- Provide ongoing guidance to vendors to enable preparedness for upcoming developments.
- Collect & monitor the development & production schedules, ensuring individual & team calendar deadlines are met.
- Support the initial costing negotiation of handbags including the preparation of estimated cost during line planning.
- Assist with the preparation of seasonal milestone meetings with cross functional teams.
- Perform handoff meetings & communicate all details & design intent from line adoption meetings with the production team.
- Manage all product category information & updates through various databases.
- Create & maintain a materials library.
- Support in weekly meetings with merchandising/design teams & assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail & efficiency while working under tight deadlines & on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set & working on a broad range of projects.
- Stay knowledgeable about industry standards & trends.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelors Degree in fashion merchandising or related degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of fashion product development experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail.
- Level headed & proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to take initiative & ownership of all work, within a fast paced environment.
- Strong handbag construction & pricing knowledge mandatory.
- Strong sense of fashion.
- Someone who truly LOVES creating amazing product at the right price, whose passion is evident in their work & who has a great sense of humor & outlook on life.