About the Company
Boxed is a rapidly growing, e-commerce retailer built; on the foundation of a world-class proprietary technology platform. With 7+ years of evolution, iteration, & successful disruption of the U.S. wholesale club industry, Boxed has developed a comprehensive tap-to-ship E-commerce tech stack few other companies can boast. With Boxed, customers can have their household, pantry, & personal care essentials delivered to their home or office with no membership fee. Our goal is to leverage our technology & data to deliver a superior shopping experience to our customers via our web & mobile app platforms, bringing "family-sized value" right to their doorstep.
Our teams are a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. At our core, we are a customer-centric, marketing company: & data is at the center of everything we do. We are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, marketers, data scientists, analysts, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate is driven by curiosity, passionate about creative problem solving, & thrives in an environment where learning & resourcefulness are key. You'll need an entrepreneurial mindset, & you need to nimble & scrappy ("Hey, we're still a start-up!!).
Your strong SC & Operational fundamentals will give you the hard skills necessary to build scalable solutions, & your ability to understand our business & collaborate effectively within & across teams will help to maximize the value you can bring.
The role will report to the Head of B2C/B2B Retail.
Boxed is seeking a Leader, Supply Chain & Operations
As a key leader in the organization, this team member will work closely with all organizational leads to provide value through improving recurring processes that drive business stability as well as scale our robotics program across multiple FCs (and sell them externally), build a world class supply chain team to expand to other parts of the country, setup an operating system to handle consignment inventory for marketplace sellers, & work with the tech team to build a multi-carrier logistics system.
Successful candidates are results-oriented & thrives & succeeds in establishing new processes & systems. You need to be entrepreneurial, nimble & scrappy but also have the competencies required to successfully operate collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Oversee the performance management of, as well as the establishment of, key performance indicators & service level agreements for, all Operations touchpoints, including safety
- Responsible for long-term planning forums, executive alignment, & SCI&OP team ownership & reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply planning partners.
- Ongoing assessment, analysis & optimization distribution center capacity & output
- Will lead the Supply Chain & Ops organization to achieve Boxeds accelerated growth plan.
- Define/lead end-to-end strategy: working with your teams, creating value-add processes.
- Develop a team ofSMEs to enable the SC&OP processes through cycles of hyper-growth.
- Owns SC&OP data/metrics to ensure inputs are meaningful for strategic-decision making.
- Owns internal partner alignment & is expected to drive SC&OP process adherence.
- Actively interacts with strategic partners - demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve material issues & consumption patterns.
- Measures, analyzes, & reports key process metrics, while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories.
- Oversee a team of discipline leaders, 3 FCs & ~150 hourly employees
- Scale item purchasing, order processing, & fulfillment from thousands of items to millions.
- Expand FC capacity to handle fulfillment from marketplace sellers as well as the Boxed Platform
- Work with internal Robotics, team as well as own the responsibility for automation & upgrades
- Coordinate with internal & external partners on multi-carrier transportation options
- Enhancing SC&OPs process via product improvements & workflow automation.
- Bachelors preferred (Business Admin, Supply Chain Management or a comparable field)
- 10+ years experience in consulting or operations working with/for an e-commerce company
- Previous experience within a distribution center, logistics, or manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, data analytics, & experience with statistics
- Strong partnership/communication skills & demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience with IATA, DOT, FDA, SOX & OSHA standards
- MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or comparable field
- Advanced problem solving & root cause analysis; ability to communicate those analysis
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools
Benefits & Perks
- Great work environment
- Working with driven, intellectually voracious & generally awesome people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits