Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Compass has achieved & continues to grow its industry-changing Natural Intelligence foundation that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring, with the enabled technology of Artificial Intelligence, cloud, mobile, & more.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, we have an opportunity to design & build a world-class technology platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team. We are actively searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all organization levels to join us as we continue to expand in the next year.
We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded thought leader to build & lead research & design operations to take our platform to the next level. In this role, you will be responsible for defining how we work together, how we get work done, & how our work creates an impact for our customers & our organization. You will work collaboratively with researchers, designers, engineers, product management, & other program managers, leading projects throughout the planning, design, & development lifecycle. As the UX Research & Design Program Manager, your emphasis will be on planning & prioritizing research & design deliverables, resource management, schedule tracking, mitigating project risks, & collaborating with design leads to deliver innovative solutions across workstreams.
At Compass, you will:
- Collaborate with & guide processes for the Research & Design team in delivering best-in-class experiences.
- Anticipate challenges & opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Point out connections & reconcile possible collisions between different product offerings, features, & platforms.
- Apply your breadth of experience to model, prototype, & iterate on ways our team works.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders & build trust across teams.
- Set the foundation for the discipline & building the team to support a scaling research & design organization.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility & updates on key initiatives.
- Evaluate & implement new tools with researchers, designers, & cross-functional partners to solve for our growing need to collaborate.
- Define & keep up-to-date documentation of how the Research & Design team works.
- Put repeatable & scalable processes in place that help us plan & manage multiple parallel UX projects & meet our objectives.
- Developing & maintaining onboarding, research & design culture, & career development programming for our team.
What we look for:
- Embodies our Entrepreneurship principles - Obsess About Opportunity, Move Fast, & Dream Big.
- At least 7-10 years of experience managing scalable Design Operations.
- Exemplifies excellent written & verbal communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills & uses them to roll out large-scale programs effectively.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage cross-functional projects, dependencies, & bottlenecks.
- Experience escalating issues, anticipating & making trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints, & maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Demonstrate skills & confidence in weighing risk & making fast decisions - knows when to release quickly & when to measure twice.
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Is proactive in seeking & providing opportunities to improve & expand the team, including team members skills & experiences.
- Exhibits an autonomous mastery of craft & best practices.
- Experience developing scalable process improvements that maximize talent allocation & achieve high-level business objectives.
- Background working in collaborative, multi-disciplinary UX Research & Design teams.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. We continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.