As the Manager of IT Support, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, & delivery of the end user computing environment for Compass New York City offices (multiple Manhattan locations including Compass HQ, Brooklyn, LIC, & more TBD). You will serve as the primary point of contact for end user escalations to onsite support teams that provide technical support for all personal computing hardware, software, & services. Your main responsibilities will focus on providing technical strategies for the Compass end user computing environment & improving end user computing policies, procedures, & standards in conjunction with the Director of IT & an outsourced Service Desk.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop strategies for deployment, administrative support, monitoring & overall integrity of Compass end user computing environment
- Manages, oversees & monitors the service delivery of onsite IT associates across multiple offices in several locations
- Develops standards & offers guidance for the implementation/deployment of all end user computing hardware & software
- Interfaces with vendors for end user computing strategies & the selection of hardware & software products
- Develops & implements procedures for problem management, performance monitoring, configuration management, capacity planning, etc., as related to end user computing configurations
- Prepares capital & operating budgets for this area, & monitors actual expenses against the budget
- Manages support for the end user computing environment, including problem tracking, change management, service levels agreements, performance monitoring, capacity planning, software evaluation & selection, & other vendor relationship issues in respect to end user computing systems & hardware & software products
- Management reporting on the status of onsite support operations, including proposals for changes in environment, cost savings initiatives, & business initiatives
- Performs project related tasks including managing specific end user computing projects.
- Establishes, develops & maintains business relationships with internal Compass departments/teams, managed service providers, & other end user computing vendors
What Were Looking For:
- 5-8 years of experience in managing technical teams & end user computing services in a highly dynamic organization
- Proven track record managing end user support for rapidly growing companies
- Experience managing & implementing end user computing projects with associated responsibilities for hardware, software, & service design implementations
- Experience in developing & delivering end user support strategies
- Thorough understanding of end user computing platforms & technologies including desktop, laptop, & mobile hardware, as well as software & service offerings from major vendors
- Project management experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple end user programs & projects
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Willing & able to travel between local offices as well as domestic air travel as necessary.