Are you interested in solving complex problems & building full-stack solutions to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities?Do you apply analytical thinking, pay close attention to reliability & scalability, & have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, peer-reviewed, documented code?Do you seek a casual workplace thats serious about making great products & a healthy work/life balance? If so, we're looking for you!
About the team:
The Core SaaS team is responsible for Vimeo's flagship subscription offering, which provides creators with the tools they need to create, review, & distribute their videos.Were a team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
Youll be fixing bugs so as to understand how creators use our toolsand youll be integrated into our team & code release processes.
Youll build new features for creators, gain a solid understanding of the application stack, & propose new ideas for improved architecture.
Youll be designing & building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
Youll interface with teams across the company, from community support to design, to ensure we provide creators with the best experience possible. Youll spend time building new features as well as maintaining & improving existing ones.
You will be best set up to succeed if you::
- Have extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Pay great attention todetailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses
- Have strong organizationalability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
- Have experiencewith at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Have experience with relational database systems(MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) & data modeling techniques
- Can mentor junior engineers & help them grow
- Are self-aware & always willing to improve
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com