We are hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of healthcare. We believe that We are hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of healthcare. We believe that healthcare should be easy, streamlined, & transparent. Youll work closely with product managers, engineers, & other designers to develop thoughtful & empowering healthcare experiences. We're a collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. That means the lines between disciplines become blurred & the impact you can have is huge.
Who are you?
- A designer with 2+ years of experience in the digital product space
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies
- A systems-level thinker
- You have an eye for clean design & are committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers & Engineers on product briefs, scoping projects, roadmapping, & facilitating progress at all stages of a project
- Iterative design methodologies drive your ability to gather feedback early & often
- Utilize user research, analytics, & strategy to back your design choices
- Capable of balancing user & business needs
- Exceptional foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities) & a fundamental understand of front-end development
- Excited to contribute & take ownership of an application
- Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to roll with the punches)
- Sharp eye for detail & highly developed organizational skills
- Overly communicative with an evolving toolbox of communication & teamwork styles
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Whiteboarding & collaborative sessions with your team to discover solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers to garner feedback on your work
- We are currently redesigning direct-to-consumer off-exchange experience tool from the ground up. We use this channel to educate members about plans, benefits, & pricing, as well as features unique to the Oscar member experience. This project will involve collaborating on user research, strategic product analysis, as well as ideation & A/B testing of new ideas.
- You will also be building tools for business administrators & brokers to enroll & manage applications for group health insurance. One of the big initiatives for 2019 will be redesigning our post-enrollment workflow for brokers & business admins to better manage their groups' employee information, insurance & legal documents, billing & payments, & more.
This position is in our NYC office & reports to the Director of Product Design in our NYC but will be managed day to day by a Senior Product Designer on this team in our NYC headquarters.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, & love collaboration & feedback. Oscar has a positive, diverse, & supportive culture if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work & experience.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.