Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary & cross-functional team comprised of product, web, UX, visual, & motion designers. We work with just about every team from Product to Engineering to Finance to Communications to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp. Were looking for a Design Administrative Coordinator to join our team to assist our team of Design Directors from each branch of the department: Brand Design, Portfolio Design, Marketing Design, Product Design, & Design Ops. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce & the people they work with & we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator & collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, we would love to hear from you.
This role involves a variety of administrative & support tasks & will help the whole team operate smoothly. This person will be the gatekeeper for Senior Directors & Directors schedules, projects, travel, expenses, & juggling a variety of other things that could arise. Flexibility & organizational skills are essential. An ideal candidate has previous administrative experience (bonus points for previous experience with a Design department!) & is looking to grow their career. This candidate should have excellent communication skills & a good balance of confidence & humility. A strong work ethic, ability to be simultaneously detailed & fast, organizational prowess, curiosity, & willingness to learn are key. Your role will be focused on freeing up our Directors time from administrative activities, so they can re-allocate that time to work on more strategic & leadership goals. Design Directors are currently all based in Atlanta but this role could potentially provide support across other office locations in the future.
What you'll do:
- Managing complex, busy calendars for a team of leaders (3-9)
- Working closely with executive assistants, VPs, executives, & employees from all different facets of the company, as well as outside the company
- Coordinating & booking travel
- Managing expense reporting
- Meeting room booking & management
- Arranging catering
- Assisting in identifying opportunities to combine meetings reducing triangulation
- Assisting with Design management leadership initiative tracking
- Collaborating on internal departmental event planning
- Ad hoc support for Design senior leadership/project management (team planning support, distribution list, agendas for check-ins, etc.)
- Keeping notes in Directors meetings
- Collaborating with recruiting on interview scheduling
- Assistance with creating agendas, organizing content, & setup for Design department & Leads meetings
- Escorting vendors/partners/guests around the office/to meetings when they visit
- Coordinating with Facilities Department for vendors visiting the office
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years relevant experience in an administrative support role. Prior team and/or office management support is required. Experience within Design / Tech / Marketing would be ideal but not required.
- Prioritizes tasks & meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving & quick thinking.
- Independently explores & learns about the company, the role, & how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other administrative assistants. Willing to chip in & help in other areas.
- Experience & skill creating & organizing presentations & reporting for executive audience.
- Strong organizational & time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects & urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility & ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills. Communicates openly & directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to work efficiently & handle multiple projects & tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google Suite.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems & stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.