Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
We are looking for senior SRE's to run our engineering operations environment. We are moving towards a new world of Total Ownership & are looking for experienced folks who can help us navigate in this journey & are excited to enable development, deployment, monitoring, & management at scale. You are an experienced SRE & leader who has transformed an organization from a group of self-deploying engineers into a world-class build & deployment machine. You enjoy being both an individual contributor & a mentor & leader, find joy in being of service both to your team & to the larger engineering organization, & stay on top of technical trends.
- Identifying & evangelizing technologies that will continuously improve (and at times transform) our engineering & operational landscape
- Providing technical leadership & help us move to Total Ownership
- Provide evangelism & mentorship of DevOps principles & skills to the greater engineering team
- Designing & deploying new infrastructures using cutting edge technologies
- Helping to transform our architecture to container-based microservices (including the SDLC toolchain)
- Working on scrum teams alongside developers & product managers to drive operational excellence of our existing infrastructure while evangelizing an operational focus on new projects
- Proven technical leadership in the DevOps domain
- Extensive AWS experience (EC2, S3, etc)
- Proficient with GAE & GCP environments
- Proficient in Ruby or Python
- Passion about DRY principles & automation
Some of the technologies we work with
- Container-based technologies like Docker & Mesos
- Google App Engine & Managed VMs
- Continuous integration, log collection & analysis, builds, & performance monitoring
- Monitoring & managing scalable clusters that handle tremendous load
- Scaling Hadoop & HBase
- Open source contributions
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.