Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts & Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audiencepeople on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, & everything in betweenhas begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts & use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts & domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Senior Sales Engineer at Mode, you will serve as a technical guide & advisor to prospective customers. You will bring advanced solutioning skills & subject matter expertise to connect customer needs to Modes value. You will be the analytics expert deployed with our sales team to win new customers & drive revenue growth. Your insights from the field & market perspective will influence our product roadmap, ensuring you play a key role in our commitment to customer excellence.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in the features, benefits & application of the Mode platform
- Arrange & conduct face-to-face & web-based meetings as necessary to support pre-sales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration, etc.) with customers & prospects
- Develop & deliver engaging Mode presentations & product demonstrations that range from standard to custom. Using the Mode platform, quickly & expertly generate compelling, interactive visualization.
- Bring thought leadership to our customers
- Implement the Mode platform for Guided Evaluations & White Glove scenarios where customers evaluate in cloud based environment
- Research new technologies, tools & methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable
- Communicate daily with sales teams regarding sales activities & tactics to support our customers.
- Be the customer advocate & liaison for product management & development
- Support the sales teams readiness in the use of the Mode platform
- Provide proactive support to customers & prospects
- Backup the post-sales Solutions Engineering & Technical Support staff as needed
What we look for
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role in sales engineering, solutions engineering, solutions architecture and/or consulting into the data analytics / business intelligence market
- Knowledge of data analytics & visualization; experience in SQL, Python, and/or R; Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google); ETL (e.g. Stitch, Fivetran); Database/Warehouse (e.g., MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Cloudera); REST APIs & Webhooks
- A focus on achieving winning customer outcomes & a deep love of a consultative selling approach
- Innately curious
- Proven track record of leading from the front & work in a highly collaborative environment
- Superb communication & listening skills
- Ability to work independently, but align actions for the greater good of the team. Must be a multi-task master with the ability to prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- A passion for data!
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.