About the Team
The Customer Engagement Marketing Team at Harrys manages digital & offline marketing channels to engage with existing customers & drive profitable growth for the business. We are an enthusiastic group of hard-working individuals who are constantly reinventing our approach, developing & testing hypotheses rooted in customer insights, & deepening Harrys relationship with the customer in a measured manner.
About the Role
Customer Engagement Marketing efforts at Harrys are designed to inspire deep engagement with the brand, increase retention & reactivation by developing meaningful touchpoints & experiences that build a lasting relationship. As the Sr. Manager of Customer Engagement Marketing, you will be responsible for our engagement strategy & roadmap, exploration & development of new channels, as well as day-to-day execution, reporting & optimization of Harrys engagement marketing campaigns for customer retention. You will have engagement KPI ownership & will be a key member of the DTC team, overseeing the strategy, production, delivery, & performance of engagement channel communications including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, transactional notifications, winback campaigns, & new engagement channels that you identify. In addition, you will be responsible for collaborating most closely with the digital product team as well as with the digital product design, brand, creative, & growth marketing teams to support cross-channel initiatives that meet broader brand goals. This position requires strong analytical, organizational & execution skills, & extensive knowledge of all aspects of omnichannel engagement marketing including ESP infrastructure, establishing the framework for & ongoing measurement of ROI across multiple channels, campaign building, email design, deployment & deliverability.
Important: This is a hands-on role where you will be both a player & a coach! This position is expected to be a high-caliber independent contributor, personally creating & executing email strategy while coaching & managing a small team of CRM marketers.
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote during COVID.
- Communicate upwards, to direct reports, & to peers the value & unique attributes of each engagement channel, as well as how the portfolio of channels work together to maximize customer engagement
- Develop & own cohesive engagement strategy for multiple channels including email, SMS, & paid marketing & any new channels you identify
- Oversee all aspects of engagement channel execution including development, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, A/B testing, & optimization across various channels.
- Develop roadmap & testing rooted in insights & multiple forms of validation techniques
- Develop & regularly share out the master KPIs that span all engagement channels that align with DTC & Brand goals
- Engage with industry trends, events, announcements, & emerging technologies to constantly improve Harrys email marketing presence & performance
- Identify opportunities to improve technical implementation & deepen engagement channel data with data engineering & services teams
- Serve as a thought partner for new brands & geographies as they setup & deploy their engagement ecosystems.
- Work directly with our ESP as well as an active participant in evaluating new ESP options, maintain reporting on platform usage vs contracted levels; ensure that our send score & deliverability is strong
- Manage two Sr. Associates of engagement marketing, providing guidance, support, & professional development.
Experience & qualifications
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing multiple engagement channels (ex. email, push notifications across app or SMS, messenger apps, paid marketing, direct mail) with a proven track record of success in driving customer retention
- Extensive knowledge of email service provider platforms & tools.
- Well-versed in direct marketing fundamentals, email marketing industry standards & email best practices. Includes user list management, knowledge of dynamic content within email & logic based systems.
- An eagerness to learn about new business models & tackle strategic issues.
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye, & outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management skills, extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Experience working cross functionally with Creative & Digital Product, or similar teams.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS --- SQL a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or related field.
- Great people manager & mentor with a great attitude & sense of humor.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.