Airtime is building real-time platforms that will supply brands with the needed tools to drive engagement on their platforms. Airtime's platform combines world-class technology built on an engine of real-time audio & video tools, combined with plug & play social functionality. At Airtime Media, we're well-funded, running at full sprint, & always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build the future of Together! Airtime Media was founded by Sean Parker & backed by blue chip venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures & Kleiner Perkins.
A bit about the role:
We're looking for an enthusiastic Senior Real-Time Software Engineer (Platform) to help us provide the best possible video chat experience by extending & improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime platform. This mandate includes our optimized real-time media stack for iOS & Android to:
- Add new capabilities to our cross-platform real-time stack while maintaining a high level of quality & performance.
- Extend & improve our distributed backend infrastructure.
- Develop & optimize our mobile media stack for iOS & Android.
- Maintain customized, WebRTC-based media services on Linux, iOS, Android.
- Collect & analyze metrics relating to system performance & user behavior.
- Provide detailed & constructive design & code reviews.
- Mentor & support other members of the team.
- Be a team player who enjoys working with a diverse & exceptionally smart team.
A bit about you:
- 3+ years of industry experience developing complex, high performance software in C++.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of system programming basics, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, & distributed systems fundamentals.
- Very strong written & verbal communication skills.
Preferred skills: These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with streaming or real-time audio & video technology & terminology such as WebRTC
- Experience with iOS or Android application development methodology & tools
- Experience with web client development
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of machine learning, especially as it relates to audio & video processing
- Familiarity with audio / video frameworks such as AVFoundation & OpenGL
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Airtime Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving peoples lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyones responsibility.