The Role & the Team
- Sumo Logic is expanding our sales organization & seeking a field-based Account Manager to join our growing State, Local, & EDU (SLED) team. In this critical role you will manage existing clients & drive sales efforts for net-new customer acquisition within a named account territory. Collaborative, competitive, high-energy, positive, team-players with aspirations to overachieve & those with a growth mindset, will absolutely thrive within the SLED vertical here at Sumo Logic.
- As a SLED Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of your assigned accounts, from prospecting to implementation of solutions, establishing Sumo Logic & yourself as an IT Security trusted advisor, for State, Local, & EDU clients. In your role, you will report to the SLED Regional Sales Director & cover named SLED accounts within a geographic region for the SLED Vertical, as part of Sumo Logics Field Sales Organization. Sumo Logics Field Sales team is the driving force behind our hyper-growth, come be part of that success & part of the next generation of Cyber Security!
Meet or exceed annual sales quota for new annual revenue & existing bookings as defined by management. Provide accurate quarterly forecasting & proper CRM hygiene.
Grow relationships with decision-makers/influencers & grow solution adoption of existing client relationships through satisfaction of current solution sets & advisement of additional products/services.
Develop, strategize, & execute marketing/channel plan within the region for end users, channel partners, & industry events.
Proficiency with Public Sector processes (contract requirements, budget cycles, purchasing workflows, etc.) & potential obstacles associated within the uniqueness of this vertical. Must reside in the New York area
- Experience that demonstrates repeated success selling-into & managing Public Sector clients.
- Strong existing network of clients, channel partners, & industry professionals in the region.
- Knowledge & experience in the Cyber Security and/or software IT industry.
- Ability to succeed with high levels of autonomy & self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills to resolve complex issues & find effective solutions
- Highly competitive, strategic, collaborative, positive mindset, & team-player.
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges & opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, & cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform automates the collection, ingestion, & analysis of application, infrastructure, security, & IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, & secure their modern applications & cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.