We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In our mission to build the best member experience for our users, we are constantly adding new features to the shopping experience. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be helping design & develop new & existing features end-to-end. On the frontend we use ReactJS + TypeScript, & on the backend we use SpringBoot + Kotlin. You also will help lead a team to use industry best-practices in modern web application development. ShopRunner is proud to be committed to Twelve-Factor applications by investing in CI/CD, feature flags, & automated testing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Building the best user experiences for members on ShopRunner.com using ReactJS + TypeScript
- Leading the organization to use modern best practices & technologies
- Working closely with designers, product managers, & other engineers
- Document & share technical directions, patterns & best practices with other members of engineering team
- Promote UI consistency across different ShopRunner channels, following branding guidelines
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages & like the right tool for the job
- Expertise with frontend development best practices including a11y, browser testing & responsive/mobile first development strategies & CSS/SASS/SCSS
- Experience with React functional components, hooks & context API
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility.
- Nice to haves but not needed: Experience working in AWS, Docker, Java/Kotlin
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.