At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
About the Role:
ShopRunners SaaS products support online shoppers, retailers, & payment partners to improve shopping & shipping experiences for retailers & shoppers. Every week, we collect a billion interactions with shoppers across our network of retailers. Our analytics team uses this data to help us make decisions about the effectiveness of our services to retailers & consumers.
This role, reporting to the director of analytics, will leverage skills in SQL, data visualization, & marketing storytelling to demonstrate the incremental value of ShopRunner to the largest retailers in our network.
You will analyze data about e-commerce transactions & web analytics conversions, combine it with third-party demographics & qualitative datasets, & help our retailer account leads quantify & articulate ShopRunners incremental value to senior retail executives.
If youre excited to dive into large & imperfect datasets, present data-driven insights to senior retail execs, & help align our products to market demands, we want to hear from you.
What were looking for:
- 6+ years of experience as a data analyst in a consumer-facing company
- BS or equivalent experience in a technical field like Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Experience presenting analytics results in a compelling narrative to senior client or stakeholder executives, in support of your companys value proposition.
- Proficient understanding of how event data is tracked using tools like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- Experience troubleshooting data pipelines & ETL workflows as an end-user.
- Experience translating between technical data questions & business implications.
- Experience making dashboards with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker) in a production environment.
- Fluent with complex SQL queries on millions of rows (joins, subqueries, window functions).
- Advanced Excel proficiency (pivot tables & lookups to summarize results)
- Confidence to share the limitations of an analysis when the data isnt perfect.
- Excited to navigate startup ambiguity & a fast-paced culture.
- Ability to programmatically clean messy datasets (data deduping, string parsing, JSON parsing).
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Basic understanding of prediction & personalization algorithms (e.g. purchase & churn propensity models, product recommendations). This role will not build production models, but it will help to understand how those models generally operate in connection to CRM & testing initiatives.
- Experience using Python or R for reproducible data analysis (jupyter, R notebooks)
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.