Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
The SRE team is composed of engineers working cross-functionally to provide support for our entire product infrastructure.
We are a team that balances large scale deployment projects with internal user operational concerns. We value thoughtful & creative solutions, & aspire to give our engineers all the tools they need to study & implement those solutions.
The ideal candidate embraces continuously evolving architecture & wants to play a role in designing & deploying methodologies that will be used throughout the company.
What Youll Do
In this role you will dive deep into planning, implementation, & the support of an always-on, robust infrastructure. We maintain hardware infrastructure from Cisco, NetApp, Pure, APC, Schneider Electric, Chatsworth, Vertiv, to name a few. As a member of the team you will utilize & advocate for the iterative development of innovative deployments. The SRE team verifies that the infrastructure is well integrated with our products & strives to make devops as agnostic as possible to the underlying hardware.
DV maintains both physical & virtual data center presences throughout the world. You will participate in the development & deployment of any additional data centers, as the company expands. You should possess knowledge & understanding of high-capacity power distribution & structured cabling. You will be rewarded for creativity in planning, delivering, & overcoming operational & architectural challenges.
You will be working as a member of our team to help architect, build, & support our high transactional volume & low latency platform that processes several terabytes of transactional data each day.
- Provide technical leadership for complex projects to increase the stability of our infrastructure, enhance scalability, efficiency, & quality of deployments
- Innovate iterative ways to scale with automation & operational improvements
- Advise our internal & external customers on available options & optimizations with our current services catalog as well as new offerings
- Ensure delivery of multi-vendor providers across various platforms & technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers & project managers to design, build, & turnover successful deployments
- Handle escalation & problem resolution between different deployment teams
- Communicate progress & activities to internal stakeholders & management
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Supermicro, Dell & whitebox capabilities
- Data center architecture - deep knowledge & ability to manage, design & operate infrastructure equipment & facility services
- Practical experience of problem solving at different layers of deployment or operational iterations
- Expert knowledge of data center infrastructure deployments, 5 years of experience or more
- Automation skills with python, shell, and/or other languages
- Good communication skills, a great personality, & a passion for working collaboratively
- Experience working with GCP, AWS, Azure, other public cloud or IaaS providers
- Ability to self implement large scale features
- High availability thinking
- Deep understanding of unix systems administration & systems performance tuning
- Experience with integration with Terraform
- Mastery of one or more configuration management frameworks
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers