BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Editorial Video is looking for a resourceful Production Coordinator to bring their production & organizational skills to the LA/NY Office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments within Editorial Video.
This is a full-time/freelance position based in BuzzFeeds office in Los Angeles/ New York City.
- Be the primary talent liaison on the day of production
- Provide pre-production & production support for Editorial Video
- Daily check-ins with Producer(s) as needed
- Researching potential shoot locations & negotiate rates
- Assist with booking production travel & accommodations
- Help to build & track production budgets
- Process, track, & report production expenses
- Process payroll, reimbursement, & check request paperwork for submission
- Source & book freelance production crews
- Research permits + associated fees
- Troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges & appropriately escalate as needed.
- Work with Production team to reduce bottlenecks & increase efficiency.
- Update & maintain production budgets for assigned teams & projects as needed
- Must have 2 years of production experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently & with a team
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, including creative producers & talent
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Proficient in Google Drive
- Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Smartstart or comparable budgeting & scheduling software
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.