Title of Job: Cloud Enterprise Architect
Role Location: New York City
Reports to: Director - Presales
Position Description: The Cloud Enterprise Architect at Okta is involved in all stages of thecustomers development lifecycle & are comfortable usingpresentations, email, phone & social media to connect with customers.We are looking forteam players that cancreate sales presentations, productdemonstrations, & educate customers (everyone from developers toproduct managers to C-level executives) on the best ways tocloud security technology.OktasSales Engineersempathizewith customers & quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed & clarifying questions & presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savvinessand businessacumen & youre looking for a career where you can utilize both. As aSales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advisinga diverse set of customers on what is possible usingOktasIdentity Platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems usingcloud technology
- Execute the delivery ofPoCsfor customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Oktaengineering teams as needed
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or bestpractices for new technologies
- Prepare demos & proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases forOktasPlatform
- Distill & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- A world class communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled & experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer