BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT & security teams to discover, manage & secure their suite of SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, & fully-automated policy enforcement. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever SaaS Application Management & Security Framework via two published books entitled The IT Leaders Guide to SaaSOps Vol. 1: A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications & Vol. 2: How to Secure Your SaaS Applications. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA & Atlanta, GA.
We are a high energy, high growth company, currently seeking an enterprising individual to join the DevOps team as a Site Reliability Engineer. We bring West Coast Technology to the Southeast. Do you want hands on experience with a web scale system? We have microservices at mega scale. We process over 3.5 Billion Events per day. If you are eager to learn, want to accomplish challenging goals, & thrive in a work-hard/play-hard environment then this is the position for you!
Our products live in the cloud on Googles Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack uses Springboot with React on the front end, Java (primarily), Scala, & Go on the application side. Our CI/CD system utilizes Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket & Harness.io. IaC & automation is implemented with terraform, kubernetes, docker & Chef. We handle eye-popping amounts of data & requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka & Flink.
- Delivering on system SLAs by implementing necessary best practices
- Monitor systems & take corrective actions per guidelines
- Working with our Security Team to implement various controls & resolve vulnerabilities
- Perform research & POCs for new software to improve performance & stability
- Automating build processes for Java based microservice development projects
- Managing our CI/CD Systems
- Managing & Improving our Log Analysis systems to ensure optimal search & reporting times
- Troubleshooting & Supporting our Production & Non-Production Engineering environments & teams
Qualifications | Required
- Must have experience with Cloud IaaS (Focus: GCP, Alt: AWS, Azure)
- Expertise in Linux system administration, TLS, DNS, TCP & HTTPS
- 3-4 years experience with Container Orchestration (Focus: kubernetes, docker swarm)
- 3 years experience with Configuration Management Tooling (Focus: Chef, Alt: Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Service Discovery (Consul, Consul DNS)
- Hashicorp Products (Consul, Terraform, Packer etc..)
- Observability, Monitoring & Metrics (Stackdriver, Prometheus, Grafana)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Harness.io)
- Experience implementing SLI, SLO & error budgets
- Experience improving RTO & RPO objectives
- Excited about high growth & open environment
Qualifications | Preferred
- Kafka experience is a great plus
- Kubernetes experience is a strong plus.
- Haproxy/Nginx experience nice to have
- MySQL, BigTable, BigQuery administration nice to have
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.