Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$375 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Just like the company, our social media team is growing. We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our Online Marketing team based in London with an aim of driving customer acquisition & engagement through social media, both paid & organic.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about user behaviour in a growing company with a truly global coverage: with more than 4 million customers sending & receiving money across more than 3,500 corridors, our user base is extremely diverse. This role is only apt for the endlessly curious with the ability to untap opportunities that move the needle in terms of overall performance & deliver results in a fast-paced online environment.
Social media is one of our fastest growing acquisition channels & has a direct impact on the companys results & how customers perceive our brand. There are big expectations that your work will add significant momentum to the hyper-growth expected from the business.
We have an established presence on Facebook & Instagram & are looking to expand into other networks & platforms where we think we can reach out to our target audience.
Work together with our existing Social Media Manager to grow our customer base via social media channels. We are convinced that we are offering something unique & want more people to enjoy the advantages of using our service.
- Manage & optimise 6-figure monthly budgets to ensure delivery against companys KPIs & strategy. You will be part of a team that lives by the numbers & should be comfortable reporting the good, the not-so-good & the ugly so that we keep continuously improving.
- Expand existing activity, optimise it & identify new opportunities to reach out to users with the most relevant message, at the most relevant time.
- Ensure our presence in social media platforms adheres to the companys tone of voice & brand guidelines, as well as all compliance & advertising requirements & specs.
- Manage stakeholders across multiple teams, proactively communicating results, initiatives & opportunities. Social media is at the core of many of our marketing campaigns & you will need to be comfortable advising, educating & influencing how they are shaped so that performance is optimal against the different KPIs.
- Work closely with our counterparts at Facebook & other networks to ensure best practices & the latest recommendations are taken into consideration.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- 3+ years experience managing social media with extensive knowledge of either paid or organic Facebook & Instagram. Experience with any other platforms is a major positive. This does not have to be within financial services however experience working across borders would be beneficial.
- This position requires both exceptional critical thinking & creativity. You will be expected to challenge the work that we are already doing, bring new ideas & innovative solutions to problems that we face & explore new areas for growth & testing.
- Highly analytical, with a good understanding of performance measurement & evaluation, & comfortable promoting the use of valuable measurement KPIs above vanity metrics.
- Familiar with incrementality testing & technical implementation of tracking & measurement tools.
- Understands the role of social media within a wider marketing mix, the nuances of content across different platforms, & how social media can be used in synergy with other marketing channels.
- Excellent written & communication skills in English. Native or proficient knowledge of other languages (Spanish, French, German) is advantageous but not essential.
- Naturally comfortable working in an agile & very fast-moving environment, able to cope with ambiguity & daily change, & to manage multiple deadlines & workstreams.
They will embody the values of an organisation which is proud to be commercially successful & have a broader social purpose; it is vital that this hire has a close affinity with WorldRemits customer & understands the nuances & sensibilities of the companys audience.