Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Director, Debit Issuer Processing, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Visa issuer processing team is seeking a Director of Debit Issuer Processing with exceptional, problem solving skills, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, a sales acumen, is results oriented, a creative thinker & can understand the necessary requirements to recommend processing solutions to issuers. This individual will have strong sales, consulting & relationship skills & will play a critical role in the enablement of issuers in Germany & surrounding region.
The Director will be responsible for contributing to the development of Visa debit issuer processing in Germany. The position requires the ability to apply strong technical, analytical, & critical thinking skills to solve business problems, & quickly arrive at solutions & recommendations for the debit processing products & services. The position requires frequent interaction with clients & internal teams based in different geographies & is expected to contribute to the successful implementation & support of the product for debit issuer processing platforms.
This is a matrix, cross functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing & corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, & finance to coordinate the build, launch & support Debit Processing. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy & business growth with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Contribute to the development of Issuer Processing products & services
- Development of a product roadmap, functional requirements, & manage all pre- & post-release aspects of product enhancements including delivery, reporting, documentation, training, support, marketing, & legal & regulatory issues
- Interface with industry & cross functional stakeholders to determine necessary product additions & enhancements
- Matrix managing product development activities within the issuer processing application development, implementation, customer service, training, documentation & QA/Certification groups
- Providing SME support for existing & future products & services to both internal & external audiences
- Development of product strategies & business plans, managing the prioritization, implementation & tracking of product initiatives, performing competitive, customer, & market analysis & examination of new market opportunities & potential external partnerships
- Meet project deadlines & budgets while providing solutions that meet the business requirements of both internal & external stakeholders.
- Develop & deliver presentations & documentation to both external & internal audiences.
- Working with Visa Brand Product teams to develop aligned product plans, strategies & tactics in all areas of product ownership.
- Assess the effectiveness of the overall product(s) & providing feedback to management in order to ensure the product reflect both current & future client & market needs.
What we're after
- Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- High level of experience in electronic funds transfer, retail banking or payments card processing is required.
- Experience in product management or product development in the financial services industry is required.
- Visa experience or in-depth knowledge of the bankcard industry (including acquirer processing, issuer processing, & network transaction processing) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business & technical level requirements including experience with use cases, report & screen mock-ups, & cross-functional requirements.
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, ability to work creatively & independently, strong problem solving skills, & the ability to manage multiple priorities & demands often under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs & to build solutions to meet those needs.
- Personal presence & ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written & verbal communications in English
- German language proficiency
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, & Excel
- 25-30% travel will be required for this role
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.