BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As a Migrations Solution Architect (Active Cluster & Cloud), you will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, to provide the highest level of implementation capability & technical consultation to both customers & Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services & engineering to scope & help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous & heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partners business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment & service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will build replication, clustering & migration solutions for our customers & will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across Japan. The role covers pre-sales & delivery functions, & you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking & implementation of these solutions & must have significant experience across different replication technologies, clustering, cloud & data migration solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale & complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings & will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
Solutions Architects work with customers, sales teams, engineering & Pure partners to:
- To understand prospects technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualized, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- In a post-sales consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped & subsequently sold.
- To provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams & keep them apprised on new replication offerings & data migrations solutions.
- Participate in customer evaluations & proof of concepts on Pure systems.
- Advise & consult on engineering developments & strategies for replication, clustering & data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet & integrate into our clients DR & BCP best practices.
- Plan, conduct & direct projects to support sales efforts & address future customer needs
- Evaluate partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality & value for money to Pure.
- Deliver replication, clustering & migration solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customers operational environment & the automation of replication, clustering, cloud & data migrations.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Storage solutions deployment experience in the enterprise environment
- Flash Array experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure & other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets
- Networking concepts & high-level designs
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions)
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade)
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator.
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block & file.
- Multi-vendor server & storage platforms & performance tuning experience.
- Windows, AIX & Linux Operating systems
- Hyper-V & VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM)
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure & other cloud-based offerings.
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup technologies (Zerto / Veeam / Rubrik / Veritas NBU)
- Preparation & delivery of technical & architecture solution
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs & RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills, any additional languages are a definite benefit
- Team leadership skills
- Bi-lingual (multi-lingual a huge+)
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products & services is required.
Will also look for Qualified candidates that have
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) & disciplines
- Understanding of enterprise applications like Oracle, SAP, SQL
- Experience with deploying storage solutions in containerized & public cloud environments.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies & understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles & practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites & other global sites as necessary.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.