Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Benefits Manager is responsible for overall administration of all employee benefits globally for HQ teams & a distributed retail workforce. The Benefits Manager surveys industry to determine the company's competitive position in employee benefits. This position develops, recommends & implements approved, new or modified plans & employee benefits policies & the administration of existing plans. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the best cost to company & employee. Serves as the main point of contact for vendors, brokers, internal partners such as finance & employees on all benefits matters.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Administer all employee benefits programs including retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; disability programs; workers compensation, leaves & wellness programs.
- Evaluate & compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys & other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area & industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys & develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market.
- In conjunction with the VP, Total Rewards lead the annual renewal & benefits plan design process.
- Implement approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents & other media for communicating plans to employees.
- Lead annual open enrollment process. Conduct employee meetings & configure systems as necessary. Advise & counsel management & employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare & execute, with broker & legal assistance, benefits documentation, such as original & amended plan texts, benefit agreements & insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, vendors & other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt & accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act & the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports & applications required by law to be filed with federal & state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, & other regulatory agencies. Review & analyze changes to state & federal laws pertaining to benefits, & report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Conduct annual 401k audit.
- Ensure compliance to all state & local benefit regulations.
- Lead process to file annual 5500s.
- Develop benefits information & statistical & census data for actuaries, insurance carriers & management as necessary.
- Handle all benefits inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
Our dream candidate has/is...
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years benefits administration experience
- Previous experience in a retail environment preferred
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Financial aptitude & attention to detail required
- Experience in a build, high growth/high change environment; fast paced; shifting priorities
- Integrity & confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, & deliver on tight deadlines
- Customer service oriented
- Professionally mature
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!