The role of the Supply Chain Ops (SCOps) Associate is a critical part of making Flexports mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our client solutions & customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals & trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexports end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to problem solve impactful operational challenges as part of our Global team while developing specialized expertise in supply chain operations. As the person who executes service delivery for our clients, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional account team spot opportunities to improve & grow our customers business. You will be charged with helping Flexport client solutions teams & clients solve exceptional challenges in order to move their shipments in less time with lower costs & via improved productivity by your team, unblocking issues & establishing procedures to prevent them in the future.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air & imports & exports.
- You will personally represent Flexports value proposition by leading business implementation & shipment execution for new clients & opportunities.
- You will gain specialist expertise within a mode or function & act as the first point of escalation for issue resolution (reactive) or program improvements (proactive, both internally & externally).
- You will be the front line in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move on-time & exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs & SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will implement & test scalable operational infrastructure & procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency & productivity for your customers. If they are not, you will look for opportunities to improve them.
You will be placed into either an Ocean or a Network team.
- In Ocean teams you will:
- Be responsible for executing the end-to-end movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports & exports), including intermodal movements.
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal & external partners such as ocean, intermodal & drayage vendors, the customs team & the Network Operations team.
- In Network teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, Transload, Trucking, & Warehouse activities within your region.
- Analyze data to rate subcontractor performance. Your analysis will inform subcontractor/carrier performance management initiatives.
- You will help build & implement operational infrastructure & procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying & executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency & productivity.
- You will empower client solutions by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve & deliver great performance in your role, including data quality & shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering & the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to think tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating effectively in a cross-functional environment working towards a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning & task delegation
- Basic proficiency in Excel & aptitude for learning other web- based tools to analyze data in order to support business decisions
- A growth mindset & intellectual curiosity to become an expert on international trade with a willingness to work in the nitty gritty of the freight & logistics industry to deliver client results
- Proven track record of taking ownership & driving results self-starter & self-directed
- Highly polished communication skills
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.