At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is searching for a seasoned IT Network Engineer who will be responsible for helping to build & maintain the internal systems & networks for Lyfts growing corporate IT organization. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with supporting complex heterogeneous environments in a fast-paced, high growth setting.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, & would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp & detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work & fun in equal measure.
- Act as one of the technical leads for Lyfts growing corporate systems infrastructure
- Design & administer network infrastructure & corporate systems, including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, & automation
- Train & mentor users on the IT support team
- Respond to tactical support escalations
- Provide continuous review of internal corporate systems infrastructure
- Some travel to support new office builds & retrofits
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Designing & building corporate datacenter infrastructure & management of compute, memory & storage resources
- Working in hosted environments such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, or Azure
- Management of virtualization software, like: vCenter, Hyper-v, KVM
- Developing & managing systems management & automation tools, like: Zabbix, Veeam, Git, Terraform, Bigfix, Jamf, Splunk, rsyslog, etc.
- Strong knowledge of CentOS, Debian, Windows environments
- Management of DDI & Active Directory infrastructure
- Implementing, scaling & tuning network & systems security in a multi-site environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.