CARMERA partners with professional delivery fleets to mount powerful camera sensors on the vehicles roofs that provide fleet managers with features such as real-time GPS tracking, driver behavior scores, & a video log of the entire journey.
CARMERA is looking for a Business Development Manager to manage all business development for CARMERAs Fleet Partnership & provide general support the Go-to-Market team through the next stages of company growth. In this role, you will source & execute deals, lead fleet partnership execution, & help define how our business model evolves. This is a new role in the organization & will require someone with an entrepreneurial attitude to succeed.
This is a unique opportunity to join CARMERAs small but seasoned Business organization. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment & is excited to grow a critical aspect of CARMERAs business. You've excelled in complex deal-making & have a strong history of executive relationship-building.
- Own the end-to-end process of sourcing, structuring, negotiating, executing, & implementing deals with fleet partners in support of in CARMERAs corporate strategy.
- Develop & maintain deep relationships with key partners that enable CARMERA to expand upon existing Fleet Partner engagements.
- Execute with consideration for both external & internal stakeholders (product, operations, & marketing) priorities.
- Serve as the voice of the customer by reporting back regularly on potential Fleet Partner market needs.
- Evaluate strategic partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative & qualitative analyses.
- Understand business model implications & communicate in a financially grounded way.
- Report frequently to the Go-to-Market & CARMERA Executive teams on pipeline, projections, challenges & implications.
- Support the Go-to-Market Team on other business development activities as requested.
- Act as a spokesperson for the company, externally & internally.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, banking and/or consulting
- Proven consultative, relationship-driven, product & strategy-centric sensibility with both customers & internal product management, operations, & marketing team members.
- Demonstrated record of creating & executing on partnerships & negotiating deals
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills, including deck writing, pitch delivery, & informal interactions at public events & around the office
- Understanding of data-centric business models.
- Proactive & organized self-starter who thrives under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with sales productivity tools including CRM & reporting
- Mastered the balance of startup scrappiness + big company gravitas
- Excellent fit with the Carmerian culture, including our People & Voice tenets
- Frequent travel between CARMERA offices, customer locations & key industry events, including international travel
- Passion for frontier technology & new mobility.
- Polished public speaker / evangelist, able to pursue represent CARMERA in the marketplace
- Some knowledge of business customs & language in key international / Fleet industry regions across Asia & EMEA
- Experience in the fleet, logistics or vehicle telematics industry
- This position may be based in our New York, Seattle, or San Francisco offices.
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data & AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash & equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans & more
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Access to state of the art technology
- Flexible working norms & time-off