At Conversocial we are on a mission to create a world where communicating with a business is as easy as messaging a friend.
Todays customer doesnt have the time to ring up a company & sit on hold for 30 minutes only to be given the runaround. Todays customer wants to engage with businesses that move at their pace.
Conversocial works closely with hundreds of forward-thinking brands such as Google, Sephora, T Mobile & Alaska Airlines, helping them embrace messaging & shift to a Conversational Customer Experience. Headquartered in New York City, Conversocial has raised $25m in funding from top-tier investors, & has offices in London & San Francisco.
Engineering at Conversocial
The engineering team at Conversocial currently consists of 35 engineers & we expect this to grow significantly over the course of 2019.
The team has a wide range of experience & everyone has a desire to continue to learn & grow.
We believe that the engineering team should be heavily involved in the product process. Engineers are actively engaged in the Product Design team & have a real say in what is ultimately built & how its built. We believe that our team does their best work when theyre truly engaged & believe in what they are building.
Our technology stack is primarily Python with MongoDB on the backend & ReactJS on the frontend. We are deployed on AWS. There are a number of other technologies floating about that are aimed at solving specific problems: e.g. Solr, Redis, SQS. We strongly encourage best practices such as TDD.
We have multiple teams of engineers working on a range of projects at any one time. These projects cover a range of areas from third party integrations through agent workflows & analytics & on to bots & machine learning.
As a Team Lead you will be responsible for leading the implementation of new products or features & managing a group of 2 - 5 engineers at any one point in time depending on the project at hand. Were looking for someone who is as comfortable with technical design as they are with leading people.
We know that people like bullet points, so here are a few of ours:
- Excellent knowledge of our core technologies (Python, MongoDB, React)
- Extensive experience with Test Driven Development
- Proven track record of mentoring, supporting & leading direct reports
- Experience with designing technical solutions
- Agile practices like Scrum and/or Kanban
- React ecosystem including a TDD approach
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Chef
- Strong delivery skills: a huge drive to get something shipped
- Good communication & Teamwork
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Annual conference allowance
- Annual company wide kickoff
- Team lunches on Tuesdays, treats on Thursdays & snacks in the cupboard all week.
- Company Book Club - expense the books you need to learn
- Relaxed & enjoyable work environment
- Flexible Work from home policy