Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Finance Regulatory Relations Manager to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
- Lead & drive regulatory annual exams, statutory audits, multi-state exams, requests related to financial condition, financial reporting, actuarial, capital, liquidity, pricing & plan design, & risk for Oscar group & all regulated entities
- Partner with finance, actuarial, risk, & cross-functional organization to continue enhance internal standard, process to ensure high-quality & timely delivery of financial regulatory asks
- Thought leader on new laws & regulations & guidance related to Finance, Actuarial, Insurance Product Development, & Risk Management.
- Partner with government affairs office to support efficient & proactive engagements
- Communicate & review with business, executives, board of directors, & key state regulators, assuring optimal production (timing & quality) & consistency of information reported to all internal & external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of professional experience in state regulatory agencies, or state regulator-facing background within the insurance industries.
- Practical experience in statutory exams & audits, broad knowledge of US statutory requirements across financial condition & solvency requirements, statutory reporting, actuarial, risk management strongly preferred
- Experience working with CMS, Medicare, statutory regulators, financial audits a strong plus
- Collaborative attitude to work in highly cross-functional organizations
- Ability to communicate with, influence, & manage stakeholders, including C-level executives
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.