Are you a technical email master, with expertise in creating engaging email experiences, & a passion for flawless execution? Do you thrive in a cross-functional team environment & love the fast pace of a startup? 1stDibs is looking for an experienced Technical Email Manager that will be responsible for building new, highly personalized & relevant emails & dynamic content to drive performance growth. With millions of registered users & over a million, ever-changing one-of-a-kind items to shop, this is a unique opportunity to match users with the right items at scale.
What you'll do
- Partner with email team lead to define technical email roadmap
- Work directly with product & engineering to scope & capture necessary data, & develop files to enable you to build new dynamic content
- Execute A/B test optimizations including testing visual changes, dynamic content logic changes, audience changes, etc.
- Support a variety of behavioral, lifecycle & segmented audience programs designed to trigger based on implicitly and/or explicitly captured consumer signals of interest
- Turn newly designed PSDs into responsive HTML code that is tested & looks great across all email clients
- Optimize file size & image weights to avoid clipping
- Setup & maintain audience segmentation, new file drop automations & ensure unsubscribe process is functioning as intended
- Partner with deployment manager to ensure emails are working as expected
- Leverage third party vendor to fulfill on technical email builds when request volume exceeds your capacity
- Ensure the health & deliverability of our IP addresses & mailing lists to maximize inbox reach, leveraging BriteVerify, Return Path & targeted suppressions as needed
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to update email processes & functions to allow for more scalable & stable processes
- Troubleshoot technical issues as necessary
What you'll bring
- Exact target/Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience (certification preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of AmpScript & applying business logic to email
- Experience with Journeybuilder & Automation Studio
- Strong HTML coding experience including ability to hand code HTML from PSD
- Experience with responsive email design
- SQL knowledge - ability to write queries in Exacttarget
- Track-record of driving wins from A/B Testing
- Ability to quickly identify & address operational issues
- Excellent time management, project management & organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, troubleshoot & solve operational & technical issues
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- 4+ years working on technical elements of an email marketing program
- Excellent project management & multi-tasking abilities
- Extremely detail oriented & well organized
- Team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment
- Customer-centric approach with focus on optimizing programs for buyer engagement & satisfaction
- Experience with a Customer Data Platform (we use SimonData)
- Passion for design, marketing, data & learning new technology
- Enthusiasm & interest for e-commerce & growth businesses
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.