Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Associate Director of Accounting [HelloFresh] is a member of the Finance leadership team & responsible for Accounting & Financial Reporting of our brands HelloFresh & EveryPlate. The position reports into the SVP Finance / Senior Controller who oversees all Accounting & Tax for all business verticals at HelloFresh & closely collaborate with our FP&A, Data, & Financial Operations, Treasury & Tax teams. You have the technical background but are also a great team leader that chaperons the development of the Accounting team through our continued growth phase & collaborate closely with other business functions to improve financial processes.
- Lead monthly & quarterly financial reporting, ensure accuracy & administer a strict timeline.
- Provide technical accounting subject matter expertise on the treatment of accounting transactions & related financial reporting requirements.
- Support Senior Controller to assess the implications of material business decisions from an accounting perspective.
- Manage a team of accountants & other finance functions to work efficiently & effectively on the reporting & policy needs
- Manage requests from internal & external auditors.
- Design, implement & maintain effective accounting policies in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ensure accounting policies & procedures are documented & followed by team
- Support the design & maintenance of effective procedures & controls over financial reporting.
- Work closely with the FP&A function to increase transparency on business performance & support cost control.
- Train & develop members of your team
- Coach managers who manage others to practice the companys DNA philosophy, & lead by example
- Experience with ERP & financial reporting tools; Oracle Cloud Financials knowledge is a plus
- Able to work comfortably under pressure & work towards tight deadlines.
- A strong sense of ownership & attention to detail.
- Drive to continuously improve & build processes.
- Ability to resolve escalated issues from the team
- >7 years of combined experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting functions, preferably in an SEC-regulated environment; CPA is required.
- 3+ years of managing experience
- 1+ years of managing managers
- A proven track record in leading Accounting teams.
- Substantive quantitative skills & proficiency in Excel.
- Strong technical accounting background; knowledge of IFRS is a strong plus.
- Experience in fast-growth environments and/or inventory-based E-Commerce businesses preferred.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.