About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy, software Sales Director who will help their team identify & bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product & service opportunities. This involves you establishing a clear vision, direction & priorities for the region,inspiring the entire region (Sales, Field Engineering, Customer Success) to execute passionately against that vision & building an elite team through hiring top talent, elevating performance of sales reps & mentoring/coaching/developing the team. Your team is expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining & growing relationships with existing accounts. You & your team are responsible for the overall health & sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences & rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, & Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with C-level clients, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy with market leading enterprise customers.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to lead, motivate & direct a group of diverse & talented individuals.
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Ability to drive accurate & timely decisions.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Maintain operational command of the business.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Considerable experience of selling enterprise software product and/or technology consulting with focus on IT
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Able to qualify, execute & close business opportunity under minimum guidance
- Proven ability to sell to business line & sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Strong verbal & written communication & presentation skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- C-Level & VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Previous experience of working in a Start-Up environment
- Experience of selling Enterprise applications in Java EE environments, Cloud applications experience would be an asset
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.