The Product Manufacturing Engineer: Connected Devices & Accessories will research, develop, & recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, JDMs & ODMs, & internally. This role will support NPI (New Product Introductions) manufacturing activities of connected device & accessories which like consumer products e.g. smart wearable device, IoT & fitness accessory products like workout mat, shoes & dumbbells. The responsibility includes: defining manufacturing requirements, driving manufacturing readiness, driving DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower, FARCCA), manage project timelines, launch, production & continuous improvement activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), as the voice of Peloton manufacturing
- Collaborate with Peloton partners & teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand & perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify & communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, JDM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead PFMEA activities to ensure partners utilize world-class manufacturing processes
- Develop process & equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, supplier capability studies, Gage R&R, CPk, DOEs, etc.
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities & process validation builds to ensure flawless launch & mass production; & solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment & improvement activities
Education & Experience
- MS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial);
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, consumer-facing, NPI environment.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of highly cosmetic, consumer-facing, IoT Devices
- Experience in smart phone, smart watch and/or IoT products mechanical and/or manufacturing design are a must.
- Experience in fitness accessory products like shoes, mat, dumbbells etc are a plus.
- Experience in both mechanical & manufacturing design are a plus
- Experience in joining technology, precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding & various finishing techniques, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical device design, manufacturing & integration: FW/SW, PCBs, audio, sensors, cameras, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Experience in developing/supporting DFMEA, PFMEA, & Control Plan activity
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Knowledge & application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing projects ($5M+ capex/opex)
This position requires domestic & international travel. Successful candidates must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.