At Poppin, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves to work happy.
We provide companies the foundation for creating inspirational workspaces through a unique offering of furniture, office supplies, & branded merchandise. Weve put a modern spin on a 100 year-old industry thats been slow to adapt to todays modern consumer. By simplifying the process, providing transparent pricing & discounts, & making our products available on demand, Poppin is able to offer a service unlike any other in the marketplace.
Poppin is seeking an experienced & dynamic Talent Acquisition Specialist to help grow our rapidly expanding office & showroom team. In this position, you will be responsible for partnering with hiring managers, identifying search strategies, proactive outreach to potential candidates, screening talent, effectively communicating Poppins value proposition, & managing all steps in the talent acquisition process. Quality talent is a true differentiator for Poppin & this position is instrumental in ensuring we continue to build our culture & competitive advantage.
- Own the recruiting process from prospect to offer providing a best in class candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers to define job qualifications, sourcing strategies, & selection process for open positions.
- Proactively source candidates through multiple channels including social media, direct sourcing, networking, & others.
- Determine & execute creative methods for discovering talent.
- Act as the candidates front-line contact through the entire recruiting process.
- Effectively assess candidate qualifications through resume reviews, phone screens & in-person interviews.
- Represent Poppin at various networking & hiring functions such as job fairs, information sessions, meet-ups & other events.
- Negotiate & present job offers.
- Fully & effectively utilize an applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) & all other technologies (Linkedin Recruiter, Indeed & more) that support recruiting process & accurate reporting of success metrics.
- Coach & guide participants in the selective process to conduct a thorough, legally compliant screening process.
- Act as an advocate for Poppin, highlighting our culture & answering candidate inquiries.
- Facilitate consideration of internal talent for job openings.
- Provide a positive experience during the new hire onboarding process.
- Partner with our parent company, Kimball International, on HR & Talent strategies & strategic projects.
- Assist in ad-hoc people operations & culture projects with the Human Resources team.
- Minimum of 4 years of in house or agency recruiting experience.
- Bachelors Degree, with major in HR, Communications, Media and/or Psychology a plus.
- Experience hiring in a high-growth environment or managing a high-volume of roles.
- An articulate communicator with extremely sharp verbal & written skills.
- Experience negotiating offers.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task & superior attention to detail.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Successful Poppin team members step up to the plate & work to get smarter every single day. Our startup ethos requires an all-hands-on-deck attitude (or, as we call it, work scrappy), taking on any & all changes with excitement & a great attitude.
We believe that working happy starts with embracing differences & that self-expression shouldnt end at the office. To that end, every Poppin employee is encouraged to be themselves & create fun every day. While we align our company goals on the changing needs of our employees, business, & larger communities, we remain consistently committed to creating an environment rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion for all Poppin employees, partners, & customers.
Poppin believes in building an organization whose staff reflects the true diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring, promoting, & rewarding our employees on the basis of professional performance & results. Poppin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.