Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata’s Summer Internship Program:
The Medidata Summer Internship is a 10-week long program that allows for students to gain exposure to the into our unique business, & our industry-leading clinical technology. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented & committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. Our interns get the opportunity to grow their network, & enhance their skill set; leveraging what they've learned in school, while also being challenged with meaningful projects that drive impactful changes to our business. From day one, our intern’s receive formal & informal training to help them excel in their new roles. Our inclusive & collaborative environment encourages them to bring their unique & diverse perspectives to the table.
As an essential function of the organization, the responsibilities of the Pricing & Analysis group are broad. The key areas of focus are:
- Developing, evaluating, & implementing pricing strategies & models based upon current business & competitive market dynamics
- Conducting research & performing competitive pricing analysis
- Monitoring ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction
- Partnering with Sales/Marketing, Business Development & Finance to correctly position product portfolio & establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy & revenue recognition requirements
- Manage projects that impact pricing changes, individual promotions & rebate programs on revenue
- Create/administer pricing databases & coordinates implementation of pricing proposals across the organization
Your specific responsibilities will be:
- Working cross-functionally with sales & product teams on projects related to how we use pricing & packaging to drive incremental business for the company
- Designing financial dashboards, developing KPIs, analytics of pricing trends, assessing & improving financial operational workflows
- Identifying revenue growth areas & creating pricing levers to facilitate growth.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Solid analytical & technical skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility & work autonomously in a professional manner.
Your Education & Experience:
- Pursuing an MBA or MS degree with quantitative focus
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, or business analyst role a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.