Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies & passions. Reddit users submit, vote & comment on content, stories & discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, theres a community for everybody on Reddit & with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open & authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly & will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, & this is an opportunity to get in & have an outsized impact on a highly skilled & motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful & entrepreneurial can do view of security. We want to deliver facts & not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us & a learning & developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
This position will have an opportunity of building a successful SOC program to ensure Reddit has 24/7 Security Operations coverage. This position is responsible for leading the SOC, engaging with service stakeholders, providing guidance on executing runbooks, coordinating incident response activities, while creating a roadmap to improve Operational Metrics, & SOC capabilities, including investigations & remediations. The role is able to identify coverage gaps & create design documentation for recommendations to allow the team to understand the vision. Participate & be key security representative in Reddits Incident Commander program.
For the right candidate, we are open to a managerial role.
This is a critical position & provides exciting opportunities to protect the sixth largest website in the world & 430M Monthly Active Users. This is an exciting time to join Reddit as the company is planning to grow to 1B revenue & on path to an IPO.
What You'll Do:
- Shape the vision & blueprint/design for SOC program
- Standardize & streamline cybersecurity incident response & remediation processes
- Grow & mentor a team of security analysts
- Build relationships with vendors in various areas like threat intelligence, SOAR, Forensic analysis, etc.
- Drive the team strategy & identity tooling gaps for Threat Hunting, DLP, & UEBA, insider threats, investigations & remediations, usage of SOAR technologies
- Battle test Security Operations tooling & strive for continual improvement & validation of security controls
- Develop & improve infosec incident response playbooks
- Establish, collect & communicate Security Operations metrics & develop plans to improve them
What We Can Expect From You:
- (Preferred) Experience leading a SOC & growing a team of security analysts
- 5+ years of Security Operations experience
- 3+ years of past security/software engineering experience
- Experience obtaining Security Operations Metrics (MTTD/MTTR)
- Experience in red vs. blue team wargames, usage of MITRE ATT&CK framework for incident simulations, & tabletop exercises
- Experience with advanced technologies like SOAR or UEBA
- Provide input on telemetry needed for detecting threats
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly & where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP)
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, & 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes & Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.