Shutterstock is looking for a highly talented & motivated CloudOps Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team. The roles primary focus is keep AWS production & non-production environments & pipeline up & running 24/7 by reacting to alerts & fixing or escalating issues according to internal processes. This role is critical to the success of Shutterstock & requires both depth & breadth in most technologies leveraged in an hybrid environment to support a Kubernetes platform & pipeline for multi-tiered applications & API. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend & utilize his or her skills within a world class technology company.
- The many & varied responsibilities required of an operation engineer within a growing company deployed on hybrid infrastructure.
- The role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, Networking, AWS services & administration & key applications & services running in dockerized & non-dockerized environments.
- Creating, maintaining & improving procedures & runbooks & facilitating communication.
- Researching, proofing, & authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the company.
- Work closely with other System Administrators (Network, Storage, Data, ...).
- 3+ years experience in a 247 high-availability AWS production environment
- 5+ years Linux System Administration
- 1+ years with docker orchestration & deployment, especially Kubernetes & related tools; familiar with node & pod auto-scale concept
- 2+ years with continuous integration & deployment tools, especially with Jenkins
- In depth understanding of AWS services, networking, & security technologies
- Proven experiences with troubleshooting capabilities in a highly available production environment
- Solid understanding of the components required to provide high-availability platform & networking environment is required, as well as solid troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, & reporting using open source tools such as New Relic, SumoLogic, sysdig, Datadog, Prometheus, etc
- Familiar with Infrastructure as code philosophy, & tools to support it : Cloudformation, Terraform, etc
- Familiar with source control management tool such as Github
- Experience with configuration management tools such as chef, puppet, ansible
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python etc.
- Good sensitivity to security issue patching
- Excellent organizational skills, & oral & written communication skills, familiar with modern communication tools such as Slack
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules & an understanding of business initiatives
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness & documentation
- Providing rotational on call support
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle in cloud environment
- Security compliance experience such as SOX
- Experience with other cloud providers such as Google or Azure
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 180 million images & more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V