BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
As a Field Solution Architect you are a true unicorn of talents: part evangelist, part customer advocate, part systems engineer, & part architect, you are responsible for promoting Pures Modern Data Protection Solutions both internally & externally. You love sharing your knowledge within our company via slack, podcasts & trainings as well as evangelizing to the larger community through blog posts, webinars & presenting at industry conferences. You passionately & keenly sense trends in the market & flex your visionary skills by identifying promising new opportunities, applications, & workflows for the Pure platform. As an industry expert you find happiness & purpose in consulting & advising the field & customers on architecting, managing, & scaling their systems as well as helping with competitive analysis, design & implementation of successful POCs. You are also creative in building prototypes to prove out potential use cases in your area of expertise & finding new ways to solve old problems.
You have deep technical experience working with technologies related to data protection & have hands on experience with ecosystem products & platforms. You must be familiar with the both legacy & emerging vendors in the space, & will leverage this knowledge to help influence where Pure should invest from a partnership & solution perspective. You also have the ability & desire to jump in & learn new emerging technologies & applications in this ever changing ecosystem, always looking for ways to protect our customers most valuable assets through Pures Modern Data Experience.
This position requires the ability to support timezones in APJ & to work remotely.
What You Bring To The Team
- A creative, passionate, customer first sense of ownership
- An innovative curiosity & desire to learn
- Deep understanding of Data Protection including Backup, Restore, Replication & Snapshot technologies
- Experience supporting or designing data protection platforms including protection of containerized, virtualized & bare metal applications & data sets
- The ability to quickly dig in to learn & adapt to new technologies
- Outstanding content creation, public speaking & presentation skills
- Strong passion for learning & teaching others
- Ability to create & present technical training for the field on targeted solutions
- Willingness to promote a culture of collaboration by partnering with solution stakeholders across the organization
- A strong desire to mentor & coach team members throughout the organization
- Ability to work cooperatively with sales & alliance teams in delivering compelling messaging to application owners, administrative members as well as key decision makers within strategic accounts & partners
- Motivated & self-starting
- Ability to think creatively & come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales around target solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively & in a constructive manner with management, peers, coworkers as well as customers, partners & key industry stakeholders
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience designing & supporting data protection infrastructures
- 5+ years experience in IT or infrastructure with special emphasis in areas of Data Protection, system administration, database and/or application administration
- Experience in data protection involving cloud based solutions
- Proficient in one or more of the following: CommVault, NetBackup, Cohesity, Veeam
- Proficient in both unstructured & block based data protection design & implementation
- Certifications in relevant use case solutions a huge bonus
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.