The Times Square Alliance seeks a creative, proactive & results-oriented Partnerships Manager to help research, manage & secure philanthropic & sponsorship relationships which support the Alliances mission, vision & programs. This includes partnerships & sponsorships for its marquee events & programs, including New Years Eve, Solstice in Times Square & Times Square Arts, the Alliances public art program. The Partnerships Manager is a key member of the Events & Programming team, dividing time between Events & Public Art & reporting to the Director of Partnerships & New Business Development.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Director of Partnerships in building out a long-term fundraising plan & setting annual fundraising goals for the Alliances annual signature events & Times Square Arts public art program.
- Developing support materials, grant language & sponsorship decks to communicate upcoming programs & events.
- Researching & identifying new potential sponsors & funders for all of the Alliances programs, annual events & public art program; assisting in cultivation & stewardship efforts.
- Creating & managing sponsorship calendar for events & grants calendar for public art, ensuring that all deadlines are met; creating accurate narrative & financial reports on grant expenditures.
- Writing & editing persuasive sponsorship requests & grant proposals; developing program budgets.
- Coordinating partnerships & activations, including contracts, letters of agreement, acknowledgment letters, & sponsor inclusion on marketing collateral.
- Managing on-site activations & benefit fulfillment for signature events throughout the year.
- Maintaining current records in database (Salesforce) & in paper files of sponsorship requests & reports; maintaining accurate sponsor contact information & VIP lists.
- Attending programs & events as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written & oral, & ability to clearly articulate both Alliance & partner needs.
- Experience in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees across all levels & departments; foundation, philanthropic & government grant makers; corporate officers; & agency account executives.
- Several years of full-time sponsorship, development and/or grant writing experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Flexible & focused demeanor in a demanding work environment & ability to prioritize deadlines & assignments effectively.
- Creative thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills & an eye for detail.
- Bachelor's Degree required; some evening & weekend hours required as dictated by events, networking opportunities & work flow.