Independent Media(The Outline's parent company) is hiring paid editorial fellows for an exciting new project. Fellows will work closely with editors & writers on staff, doing anything from copy editing & fact checking stories to curating & producing their own work on the site. Fellows at Independent Media should be meticulous & accurate storytellers, voracious self-starters, & be ready to jump into reporting, writing, & administrative assignments.
You should feel comfortable coming up with fresh ideas for shorter reported pieces like this & curated story packages like this every day. We're ideally looking for candidates with deep (some might even say nerdy) knowledge about technology. Duties will include:
- Working on multiple small assignments per day, focused on tech & tech culture
- Pitching & brainstorming on the news of the day
- Taking on longer assignments (including reported & researched features)
- Assisting editors with research
- Working on card stories, audio, & other mixed media projects
Were at an important time at our company, & are looking for enthusiastic people ready to hit the ground running & make cool, weird things at a new & exciting media business.
This position is based in New York City. Were open to candidates seeking part-time or full-time fellowships.