Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish, & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies, working as a team to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
This position plays an integral role in supporting the company's worldwide intellectual property litigation & licensing efforts, to help ensure freedom-to-operate & the protection of the company's intellectual property. The position will also help manage other commercial & employment litigation as needed. Specifically, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop & counsel corporate business teams on intellectual property strategies associated with Guardant Health commercial & research endeavors.
- Work in partnership with outside counsel & other in-house attorneys & staff to formulate & drive case strategies as an active team member.
- Hands-on involvement in litigation matters, including witness interviews, discovery (production, deposition support, drafting discovery responses), motion & brief drafting, trial preparation (including witness preparation, selection of trial exhibits, drafting of jury instructions, etc.), & participation at trial & on appeal.
- Negotiate, implement, & monitor compliance of IP licenses.
- Help manage other commercial & employment litigation.
J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction & 3+ years of experience practicing intellectual property law preferably in the life sciences industry. Experience in the following areas is also preferred:
- Trial experience, ideally including litigating U.S. patent disputes involving biotechnology.
- Degree in the sciences & a working understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, cellular biology, protein chemistry or the like as well as experience in the clinical diagnostics field.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; be a self-starter, energetic, positive, analytical, able to drive results, & have a proven ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Exhibit the highest integrity, excellent judgment, & the ability to proactively recognize & effectively communicate legal issues to corporate management.
- Ability to work independently, while prioritizing & managing complex projects; contribute to the implementation of new corporate & policies & procedures, including internationally.
Allyour information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/