Booking.com is the worlds #1 accommodation site & the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
Our Financial Systems team provides product & technology expertise to the finance department, & is responsible for SAP, HANA, & connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We are building a finance application platform that supports our core financial processes, collection, Cash & FX management, cost management, enables simplification of business processes, & empowers our teams with financial & business insights.
We are looking for a Project Manager to help us organize & manage a growing portfolio of small & large initiatives that need to be executed on time & with good quality.
As Project Manager, you will coordinate & manage complex technology & business critical initiatives that may span across finance domains or multiple departments. You will work closely with people of diverse functional backgrounds (a.o. Finance Product & Tech, Global Finance Operations, Treasury, Credit Control, etc.) & will be based in Amsterdam.
Your goal is to structure, plan, coordinate, & enable individual teams/departments to execute while keeping the overall objectives & success in sight. We seek a strong stakeholder manager who will take full ownership & accountability for projects with a global scope.
If the idea of building & scaling up, managing complex stakeholder groups & helping the business achieve its roadmap is exciting to you, this may be your next career move!
Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle
- End responsible for the timely delivery of the project/initiative(s)
- Define project scope & success criteria aligning with business objectives
- Understand milestones & impediments. Tracks & report progress, manage overall timelines, dependencies, risks & issues & monitor interdependencies (within & outside project)
- Create clear project plans together with involved departments & collaborate with cross functional teams to identify & build action plans
- Enable team members & leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Hold project members accountable for the delivery of their part of the project
- Engage stakeholders at all levels inside & outside of the organisation
- Supports building of PM capabilities within the organization & other teams
Experienced project manager with 5 - 7 years in successfully managing the full end-to-end project lifecycle on technology & business projects.
- PMP or Agile Project Management certification is preferred.
- Proven ability to navigate & execute projects in an agile environment, without over-engineering things
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment & able to work under pressure
- Pragmatic, able to solve several impediments by him/herself & can-do mindset
- Solid understanding of change management & able to guide people through change
- SAP knowledge preferred
Communication & relationship management
- Strong communicator who can deal with ambiguity & conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with, influence, & align with multiple stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Able to drive collaboration across teams & stakeholders
- Skilled negotiator who focuses on win-win solutions to tough challenges
Organised & structured
- Organized, with a natural inclination for planning, & capable of responding to change
- Acute business acumen & understanding of organizational issues & challenges
- Result oriented & customer focused
- Proven analytical & problem-solving skills with excellent organizational agility & able to meet tight deadlines & prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.