About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate & talented Design Technologist who is versatile, adventurous, & a self starter. You should be passionate about hacking solutions for potential new business products, significantly tracking the business implications & leveraging those findings to prioritize recommendations for business growth. You will own the development of high fidelity prototypes to explore new product offerings & experiences. While it will be advantageous for you to have a strong business IQ as a means of understanding the new application & the potential implications of new models, your responsibility will be to represent the voice of the engineers & developers that will eventually be building the complete solution. You will bridge the gap between design & technology by providing technical guidance during the design process. While expected to bring awareness to potential constraints, you will also be applying creative thinking & problem solving abilities to create opportunities for innovation. Initial focus will be working as the design lead in a very hands-on environment with teammates across many non-design disciplines. You will represent a thorough knowledge of design principles, & help the team understand how to utilize design to best reach our business goals.
About the Team:
The Growth Product Innovation Teams seeks to accelerate exponential growth by driving cross-functional groups of stakeholders towards high impact opportunities. We take a creative, experiment based approach to identify, design & develop new offerings spanning across products, services & experiences looking at our users & stretching across the entire member journey.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, & partner with a designer, to express product requirements as functional prototypes
- You will be responsible for requirements analysis, rapid visual & interaction prototyping & successful implementation and/or integration of net new software applications
- Develop prototypes across presentation, logic, & data services tiers
- Provide solution, application, or services architecture recommendations
- You will discover & define opportunities for business improvements and/or New Product Development
- You will participate in both user research & evaluative product testing
- Plug into and/or enable data models to power prototypes & evaluate the business impact of new offerings
- Oversee prototype rollouts into regional pilot programs inclusive of iterative feature/functionality development & discover new opportunities for pilot develop
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the product design field
- Experience translating requirements into object-oriented applications or dynamic websites
- Detailed design-level knowledge of at least three of the technologies listed below:
- Mobile application development in Android, iOS, or other web & native frameworks
- Distributed applications or services in Microsoft .NET, LAMP, AWS, J2EE, or other frameworks
- Development of extensions & plug-ins for existing products, including Chrome extensions, G Suite apps, Salesforce workflows, & Microsoft Office add-ins
- Rich user interfaces, object-oriented design, data modeling, application development, & taking projects through an entire software release lifecycle preferred
- Experience working from established Design Language Systems & Interaction Models
- Experience working autonomously & leading independent initiatives
- Experience and/or familiarity working with business modeling & enterprise business systems
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before. We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement. We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world. We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.